Let’s look at the WTA results first:
- Naomi Osaka defeated Garbiñe Muguruza from Spain with 4:6, 6:4 and 7:5
- The American Serena Williams won over Aryna Sabalenka from Serbia and the world’s number 7 with 6:4, 2:6 and 6:4.
- Simona Halep the world’s number 2 defeated Iga Swiatek with 3:6, 6:1 and 6:1.
- Jennifer Brady from the US won over Donna Vekic from Croatia with 6:1 and 7:5.
- Jessica Pegula defeated Elina Svitolina with 6:4, 3:6 and 6:3
- Su-Wei Hsieh from Taiwan won over Markéta Vondroušová from Czech Republic with 6:4 and 2:6
- Elise Martens from Belgium lost against Karolina Muchova from Czech Republic with 6;6 and 5:7.
- Shelby Rogers was defeated by Ashleigh Barty with 3:6 and 4:6.
The following male players have reached the quarter finals of the AO 2021 following the 4th round:
- Novak Djokovic, who won over Milos Raonic from Canada with 7:6, 4:6, 6:1 and 6:4.
- Alexander Zverev from Germany, who defeated Dušan Lajovic with 6:4, 7:6 and 6:3.
- Grigor Dimitrov who beat the Austrian Dominic Thiem with 6:4, 6:4 and 6:0.
- Aslan Karatsev the world’s number 113, who won over Félix Auger-Aliassime on rank 21
- With 3:6, 1:6, 6:3, 6:3 and 6:4.
- Andrey Rublev from Russia, who won the first two sets against Casper Ruud with 6:2, 7:6 before Ruud retired.
- Daniil Medvedev, who won over the American Mackenzie McDonald with 6:4, 6:2 and 6:3.
- Stefanos Tsitsipas was supposed to play against Matteo Berrettini but the Italian retired even before appearing on the court.
- And the last player who is going to be part of the quarter finals is Rafael Nadal, who won over the Italian Fabio Fognini with 6:3, 6:4 and 6:2.